The set of popular SABC3 soapIsidingo was destroyed on Wednesday night when a massive fire ripped through the studio in Auckland Park, Johannesburg, causing tens of millions of rands worth of damage.
I’ve noticed how whenever someone is on leave they say they’re ‘in CapeTown’. I guess they’ll all come to CapeTown now! Could be worse!
The blaze broke out at the SABC’s Henley Studios just after 20:00, completely destroying the Isidingo set of the Endemol SA production. The unexpected fire caused widespread panic and shocked SABC executives as well as the cast and crew when they heard the news.
Socialyz.com is a Cape Town based blog. Socialyz.com is part of the Sokolic Group of companies. If you would like to feature on these pages please email firstname.lastname@example.org